- The Texas Commission on Jail Standards will receive complaints of concern involving inmates in county jails or private correctional facilities that house county inmates and/or out-of-state inmates. Texas Department of Criminal Justice Facilities, city jails, juvenile facilities, and other privately operated facilities do not fall under our purview.
- If your complaint is submitted on-line, it is routed directly to the complaint inspector, executive director and assistant director. Your complaint will be handled by the TCJS complaint inspector.
- Your complaint will be entered into our agency database and appropriately designated.
- Depending on the nature of the complaint, the complaint inspector will contact the facility either by telephone, email, fax or in person.
- Upon conclusion of the investigation, a written reply will be submitted to the original complainant with results of the investigation.
- If more than 20 days have elapsed, you may contact TCJS at 512-463-5505 to check on the status of your complaint.
Complaints may be submitted on-line by submitting the form below, or you may submit a letter addressed to the Executive Director with the details of your complaint. Complaints by telephone will also be acknowledged. However, you will be asked to document your complaint in writing, and submit the attached online form or mail it to: